Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") describes actions that we prohibit you from when using the Service. This policy is incorporated by reference and governed by the Terms of Service which contains explanations of defined terms and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions found here. You may not use the Service without agreeing to this AUP.
You may not (and may not permit any third party to) use the Service in a manner contrary to our requirements, regional and national legislations, as well as the requirements of any regional legislation, network operators, regulators, self-regulatory bodies or industry best practice in any jurisdiction that you or we are present in, or your messages are transmitted through.
Thus, you agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow anyone to use the Service in prohibited manners, including but not limited to the following:
1. Encouraging any illegal or abusive activities, or other activities that interfere with our business or activities.
2. Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism of the Service or using the Service in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to us or our users.
3. Benchmarking, tampering with, unauthorized testing, reverse-engineering, decompiling, or otherwise using the Service in order to find limitations or vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities, or any other purpose not authorized by us.
4. Using the Service in any manner that may subject us or any third party to liability, damages, loss or danger.
5. Any conduct that adversely impacts the availability, reliability or stability of the Service such as launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any part of the Service.
6. Transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful or deleterious programs.
7. Interfering with a third party’s use and enjoyment of the Service.
8. Using the Service to engage in or in connection with fraudulent activity or otherwise bypass legitimate identification systems.
9. Using the Service in any manner that violates industry standards, any regional third-party policies (published by industry associations, network operators etc) or other requirements we may communicate to our customers.
10. Engaging in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including any activities that violate anti-spam, data protection or consumer privacy legislation in any relevant jurisdiction.
11. Using the Service in connection with any unsolicited, unwanted or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise).
12. Violating or facilitating the violation of any law or regulation, including those regarding the transmission of data or software.
13. Taking any action to participate in, encourage or promote any activity prohibited under this AUP or the Terms of Service.
14. Transmitting any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
15. Transmitting any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that we reasonably believe degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
16. Attempting to circumvent or break any security mechanism on any part of the Service or using the Service in any manner that poses a security or other risk to us, our vendors, any user of our Service, or any of our or their respective customers.
17. Using our Inbound SMS Service in an unbalanced volume relative to our Outbound SMS Service. Although we do not typically charge you to receive SMS from mobile users, we reserve the right to do so if your use of Inbound SMS is unbalanced with respect to your use of Outbound SMS, as reasonably determined by us.
18. Offering or purporting to offer any services that purport to let a user to connect with emergency services personnel or public safety answering points.
19. Using the Service in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance in which malfunction of the Service would result in foreseeable risk of injury or death.
20. Extending any portion of the Service without obtaining, maintaining and providing to us upon request, reasonable Know Your Customer (KYC) information in compliance with applicable law for each of your direct and indirect customers using the Service, including: name, verified telephone number, verified e-mail address, method of payment, payment information and IP address.
21. Engaging in activities or, uploading, downloading, submitting, transmitting, distributing or facilitating the distribution of, any information that contains "inappropriate content" in connection with the Service. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to, content that:
(a) May be considered libelous, slanderous, defamatory, threatening, sexually explicit, vulgar, profane, obscene, offensive, abusive, malicious or otherwise harmful to any person or entity, constitutes or promotes "hate speech" or is otherwise discriminatory based on race, sex, creed, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, language, or age.
(b) Is fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate or misleading (including, without limitation, by creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin or contents of a message or other communication using your account).
(c) Contains or transmits viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or similar destructive programming routines.
(d) Interferes with or disrupts networks connected to the Service or violates the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
(e) Promotes, markets or otherwise relates to illegal activities or terrorism.
(f) Infringes on, misappropriates, or violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
(g) Constitutes or relates to "adult services" or content of an adult nature, including, without limitation, content that contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion.
(h) Sent in connection with lotteries; bidding fee auctions; sports forecasting or odds making; fantasy sports leagues with cash prizes; internet gaming; contests; sweepstakes; games of chance
(i) Includes sensitive financial or identification information or documents.
22. Using the Service, or any component of the Service, in any manner not authorized by us.
The above are examples of unacceptable use, but is not exhaustive and does not list all restricted behaviors. If you are not sure about your own use cases, please contact us immediately.
Should you violate this AUP, we reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate the Service to you and any failure on our part to enforce this does not amount to a waiver of our rights.